Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Well, I'm No Melissa Lester


This was my attempt at zucchini bread. When I went to put it into the oven, I did realize the loaf pan was really full, but I had no idea of the oncoming mess. I'm not a great cook (I'm sure you realized this the moment you saw the picture) but I can usually follow a recipe and do a pretty good job. Not today. And if you think the pan looks gross, you should see the bottom of my oven! Caleb kept asking me if it was going to catch on fire.

I was able to take off the top layer (the rest was still uncooked), put it in a new pan and bake it again. After it was all said and done, it actually still tasted pretty good. Chris just laughed and shook his head. When I'm cooking, nothing surprises him anymore!

I chose this title because I can never in my wildest dreams imagine how Melissa makes such beautiful and delicious food (I've been lucky enough to eat at her house), while keeping up with four kids. I caused this mess with only two children and one of them was napping! She amazes me!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

You're hilarious! And I've never eaten anything at your house that I didn't like.

Robby and Lynsey said...

LOL!! That is awesome. :) I'm impressed that you actually tried to save the rest of it. I think I might have just thrown the whole thing away - pan and all. :) haha

Matt & Lori said...

That is too funny! I bet it was delicious on the 2nd try! You always make yummy food when I'm around!

Jennifer said...

None of us are! She is amazing and I tell Joe all the time how lucky he and those children are. But hey, I made dirty Lasagna once...as I was pulling the pan out of the oven, I lost it and it fell on the floor - being that at least for us this is an "elaborate/expensive" meal, and the fact that I had mopped earlier in the day, we scooped it up and used the 1 minute rule. Yummm... :)

Melissa Lester said...

Believe me, Regina, some days I'm no Melissa Lester either! :) I always enjoyed eating at your house, too, and I'm sure I would have like the zucchini bread. I always try to get the edges and crispy parts of baked goods because I love the texture. So I'm sure I would have been asking you for your secret!

Kristi said...

That made me laugh out loud!!! :)