In August, my best girlfriend Jessica, gave birth to her first baby. Adelaide was a healthy 6 lbs., 13 oz and has been blessed with her mother's beautiful eyes and lips. It was wonderful to be there with Jessica for this special time. Now I have someone to buy hair bows and dresses for!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
So it's been awhile since I've updated my blog. I just could not get interested in it this summer. We had a wonderful summer that included lots of family coming to visit us, throwing a baby shower for my best girlfriend Jessica, and then a trip to Seattle to be with her while she had her first baby. I'll have to do another post about the baby, because she is BEAUTIFUL - just like her mama!
School is now in full swing again. Aidan has started preschool at a great private Christian school. This school goes through 8th grade and we are seriously considering moving Caleb there in the spring. It would be so convenient to have them on the same campus and we love the idea of them being in a Christian environment while getting a great education.
Caleb is playing fall baseball and learning to play catcher. He is such a little man now! Aidan is learning to play soccer for the first time and would really rather throw the ball instead of kicking it. But more than anything, Aidan loves to put on a batting helmet and follow his big brother all over the practice field.
These are pictures from baseball and soccer practice. Watching them play was a great way to spend our Saturday morning!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Caleb's little league season has officially begun. Chris is coaching Caleb's team this year and loves it. It is great for Chris because it gives him something other than work to focus on and it gives him and Caleb some really good time together. Aidan is taking it hard though. He just doesn't understand why he can't go onto the field and play. Since Chris is coaching, Aidan does get to go practice with the team. It makes his day! Caleb is playing pitching machine again this year, but will most likely move up to farm next year. It's much more competitive in farm, so I'm glad we have one more season of just playing for fun.
Future Sea Dog
Being 6 & 7 yr. olds, they decided to use their gloves as masks.
A great first game
Now if we can just hold on until our Dodgers start playing. We love baseball season!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I thought I should do a bit of an update on Aidan before I forget everything. He's 2 1/2 and I know in less than 6 months he will change a lot. Here are some things going on with Aidan right now:
- He loves anything with wheels-particularly trains and trucks.
- He leaves off the 's' when the word starts with an 's'. He's very worried about things being scary, so it's adorable when he asks, "Mama, is it cary?" or "My movie is kipping!"
- He adores his big brother, but at times still tries to hit or bite him. Luckily, this has not been a problem at preschool!
- He's almost ready for potty training. I hope.
- He's a bit of a Daddy's boy at the moment.
- Loves puzzles.
- Absolutely addicted to candy. We moved the halloween candy to the top of the cabinet and I walked into the kitchen to find him standing on top of the counter with the cabinet door open. He used the knobs on the drawers below to climb up.
- Doesn't like rules/structure. Complete opposite of Caleb!
- He is a wonderful sleeper/napper.
- Loves for us to rock and sing to him at bedtime
- Wakes up singing twinkle, twinkle little star. This past Sunday I woke up to him laying in his bed yelling, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1-HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
- He loves church - especially the singing. He gets out a song book and starts clapping.
- He's still really tiny. He'll be 3 in May and still only weighs about 27 pounds.
- Has an extremely loud voice for such a small body. I'm glad our neighbors know us well. He screams so loud when he throws a tantrum, that I'm afraid they might call child services.
- He loves going to school. His favorite friends are James and Joshua.
- Pretty much speaks in full sentences, although I believe his favorite word right now is No! or Mine!
- Caleb calls him the little tornado.
- Overflowing with energy and personality!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Last Thursday night we decided to make a quick trip to The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. It's a small aquarium, which is perfect if you have a two year old with very little patience. Luckily, Chris was able to leave work early to join us.
|Aidan was initially more interested in the train left over from Christmas.|
|My crazy boys|
|Caleb petting a stingray|
|Aidan cared nothing about petting the stingray. He preferred just splashing the water.|
|Driving the boat in the play area|