Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake!

I have lived in Southern California for a total of 9 years and have felt plenty of slight tremors, but late this morning we had a 5.8 earthquake. This was not a horrible earthquake, but strong enough. We are all okay, just scared half to death. It knocked things off shelves, but only a few items were broken. Caleb said, "Mama, I don't ever want to feel an earthquake again"! I guess I should consider myself lucky that it has taken this long before we've had a real earthquake. And to think people here are terrified of tornadoes-at least you know they're coming!

2 comments:

Matt & Lori said...

I'm glad y'all are OK! That would be freaky I'm sure. Have I mentioned that I miss you guys a WHOLE LOT, because I do! Love you!

Robyn said...

I've been in Texas and haven't checked blogs until now . . . Oh my goodness!!!! I'm SO glad that y'all are okay and that I wasn't visiting when it happened. FREAKY!!! Love all the recent posts and the new picture of the boys is PRECIOUS!

Love you!!!